Bonnie's Take on the New SQL in DB2 V 8/9/10
DB2 Application Developers
Bonnie K. Baker
This class not only covers the ins and outs of new SQL in DB2 Versions 8, 9 and 10, it also covers odd uses for the new features and takes a look at how old problems are solved by new functionality. Each complex subject is explained in simple to understand terms.
- Static Scroll Cursor "Built-in Optimistic Locking"
- Ambiguous CURSORS (e.g. ORDER BY) and UPDATE WHERE CURRENT OF
- Forcing SORT avoidance
- Realistic uses for scrollable CURSORs
- Uses for FINAL_TABLEs
- Programming tricks from DCLGENS to DIAGNOSTICS
- ROWID tricks
- Little known but useful features